Immediately after morning worship on Sunday, February 16, join your church family for a great time of fun, fellowship and food! The youth are hosting a dessert auction. They will be providing sandwiches, but we will bid on some of the finest desserts made by some of First Baptist’s best bakers. All funds will go to youth summer camps and activities.
Saturday, December 7 — Popcorn and a Movie
Preschool and Elementary Children and their parents are invited to join us Saturday, December 7, at 2:00 pm in the CLC to see “Veggietales: Merry Larry and the True Light of Christmas”
Saturday, December 7 — Youth Christmas Party
Youth and youth workers, meet in the Christian Life Center at 6:00 pm for a great time of Christmas fun!
Sunday, December 15 — Caroling and Hot Apple Cider
Join your FBC family for a time of both ministering and fellowship at 5:00 pm in the Christian Life Center. Groups will carol at the Williamsburg Health and Rehabilitation Center and in various neighborhoods, visiting some of our homebound. This is not a music ministry project — this is an everybody project! If you can smile and wish people a Merry Christmas, you can carol! Afterwards, we will meet in the CLC for a time of Hot Apple Cider and snacks!
Sunday, December 22 — Hallelujah Chorus in Morning Worship
Start Christmas week in worship at 11:00 am on Sunday, December 22. The choir and friends will sing the Handel’s Hallelujah Chorus in morning worship. What a great way to celebrate the holiday!
Tuesday, December 24 — Christmas Eve Candlelight Communion Service
With the emphasis of the reason we celebrate Christmas, make this service part of your family celebration of Christmas this year. The service will begin at 5:30 pm in the sanctuary with carols, communion, scripture, and thoughtful words.
Candyland has become a Williamsburg tradition! We distribute candy and share God’s love with hundreds of children every Halloween.
We need candy! Please drop off bags of candy to the church office by October 30. We also need volunteers! Start planning now for this exciting ministry.
There is a place for everyone to serve during FBC’s Missions Weekend!
On Saturday, October 19 —
- Repair the home of a person in need with “The Church Has Left the Building” crew. Meet in the church parking lot at 8:30 am
- Wrap shoeboxes for “Operation Christmas Child.” Meet in the Fellowship Hall at 10:00 am
- Prayer Walk around the schools and around the town as we lift the cares and concerns of Williamsburg and beyond. Meet at the church office by 10:00 am
- Prepare lunches for all missions crews. Minister to those who are ministering. Meet in the CLC Kitchen at 10:00 am
On Sunday, October 20 —
- Everyone is invited to be a part of a World Hunger Bean and Cornbread Luncheon in the Christian Life Center immediately after morning worship. Bring a pot of beans or a pan of cornbread and a donation for World Hunger.
Sunday, October 6th – Kristin Smith will be hosting a baptism and dinner on the ground at the Faulkner Bent Farm. For details of this worship service, see the bulletin or call the FBCW Office.